Wed, 24 Apr|
East-Coast Adventure: Farmstay, Beach, and Maori Culture
This is an invitation-only event for those who have already completed an expression-of-interest form via our Facebook page. Please make sure you have received an email invitation before you purchase a ticket 🙂
Time & Location
24 Apr 2019, 8:00 am – 27 Apr 2019, 9:00 pm
Princes Street, Princes St, Grafton, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
About The Event
👨🌾 Are you curious to experience the rural New Zealand lifestyle by staying on a real farm with sheep and cattle? 🐑🐄 Are you keen to bask on the golden sands of Ohope, voted New Zealand’s most loved beach? ☀️🌊🏖 How about discovering Maori culture through an authentic “hangi” meal, cooked underground by Rotorua’s geothermal energy? 🌋
In an absolutely one-of-a-kind trip, SASS is taking you to the East Coast of the North Island! Often neglected by tourists, this area is replete with cultural and natural treasures, and opportunities for fun and adventure! We will give you a unique, insider’s view into what this part of the country has to offer, all at a subsidised, budget-conscious price.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Authentic farmstay experience: stunning, secluded countryside, with sheep-shearing and other farm activities available – meet the farmers! 🐑🐑🐑
- Waimarino Adventure Park: giant floating trampoline, kayaking, kayak slide, ropes course, and climbing walls – unique and full of fun! 🧗♂️🛶
- Ohope Beach: stunning views, great icecream, and lush golden sand! 🏖
- Rere rockslide: unique natural formation offering exhilarating, 60-metre water rides!
- Whakarewarewa: guided tour of Rotorua’s living Maori village, including a cultural performance, geothermal trails, and authentically-cooked “hangi” lunch
- Skyline Gondola and Luge: race your friends in gravity-powered karts around three different tracks! 🚡
- Tauranga & Mount Maunganui: a short climb to the summit of Tauranga’s iconic coastal volcano ends in stunning views! ⛰
- Karangahake Gorge: discover a maze of old mining tunnels, a stunning river, and a rewarding hike to the Owharoa Falls 🏞
The trip will take place across three nights and four days. The subsidised price of $390 (for SASS members) includes accommodation, transport, all activities, and some food (snacks and one dinner). You will be given opportunities to purchase other meals on a day-by-day basis.
Accommodation is a mid-range motel for the first night, and a farmstay with bunk beds for the second and third nights.
East Coast Adventure Tickets$390.00Sold Out
This event is sold out